Routines for fire prevention
1. Each student and staff member has a personal responsibility
for reporting incidents and risks of/for fire related to UID work
environment to UID management.
2. Each student and staff have a responsibility to inform
themselves about the nearest emergency exit and routines for fire
prevention and evacuation at UID.
3. To obtain a good level of security relating to fire, all
students and staff shall be informed once a year about risks and
behaviours in case of fire, escape routes and emergency exits and
assembly point. The fire prevention officer is in charge of
planning and carrying out information about fire prevetion and
routines for students and staff at the start of each study year, at
a School meeting or similar.
4. Staff administrator makes sure that new employees receive
information about fire prevention (according to check list),
information/application to the Umeå university fire prevention
educaitona, and for collaborating with the fire prevention officer
in documenting staff that have undergone fire prevention
Routines in case of fire
1. Help persons in obvious danger, or who cannot themselves
evacuate from the building. Warn others threatened by fire.
2. Call the emergency number 112, state the adress: Umeå
Institute of Design, Östra Strandgatan 30 (Umeå Arts Campus) and
answer any questions from the SOS operator. The person making the
call, meets the fire department and shows them the fire site. Smoke
detectors in our emergency exits and hallways will also
automatically activate in case of fire, and transmit the location
to the fire department.
3. If possible, put out the fire.
4. Evacuate through the nearest exit/emergency exit and head
straight for the assembly area at Östra Strandgatan. Never use
5. When evacuating, close doors behind you to prevent the fire
6. UID employees should be the last persons to leave the
building in case of fire.
Fire prevention at UID parties
1. The maximum number of participants at UID
parties must not exceed the number agreed between UID leadership
and the party arranger (an absolute limit is set by the maximum
number of persons allowed in the facilities).
2. If an alarm is deactivated for some
reason, Umeå university security and SOS emergency must be informed
of this by the UID caretaker or UID fire prevention officer.
3. If an alarm is deactivated, it must be
reactivated by/on the initative of the arranger of the party. The
arranger has the responsibility of providing increased fire and
burglary surveillance in the premises during the time the alarm is
4. In case of fire, or fire alarm, all sound
(music) shall immediately be turned off, lights turned on and
evacuation carried out according to routines.
5. The party facilities must have a minimum
of 2 emergency exits with a width of min. 1,2 meters. The emergency
exits shall not be blocked in any way.
6. At least 2 professional security guards
shall be contracted for security surveillance during the party. The
arranger is responsible for informing these about safety and
security routines, fire prevention organisation, eventual
deactivation of alarms, and routines for evacuation.